Here are links to all previous posts on this project:
- Technical model: Part 1
- Technical Model: Part 2
- Technical Model: Asset Review
- Technical model – Feedback part 1
Since receiving feedback on my model, which is linked above, I have spent a lot of time looking at examples of how to present a portfolio ready model since that was my main part of my feedback for receiving a good mark for my C and T model, I eventually came up with the design shown below for my main asset page.
Here is the full PowerPoint below with my full process and the link to the Marmoset Viewer .
Although I did not have many major issues with the making of this model, I did find the process of making it had taken me many hours to create which was understandable so I could get the model to such a standard that I was more than happy about.
The one issue that I did have with the creation of this is that the bake and textures looked quite low quality in some places, with a bit of help from Matt we discovered that it was since the model was quite large and when laying the Uvs out, although I made sure the texel density was correct throughout and there was no stretching, this meant smaller objects like the screws and fixings looked a bit too low quality for my liking. We eventually fixed this by increasing the smaller objects size in the Uvs and putting them on another map, although I would have liked to achieve this using less Uv space, in the end I think it was necessary to get a great level of detail throughout and since Matt suggested it I am glad he agreed.
Here are a few in engine screenshots of it: