In the past few lessons of Matt’s project I have been designing the concepts for the well asset I will make, to begin with we had to design three different ideas, designs that were different in some way that we could then make a final design of one of them after that.
I ordered these concepts from one to three in the on a scale of which I like the most, one being the one I like most and three the least, however, I plan on taking some aspects of design idea two when making my final design of number one, like taking the aspect of a more damaged look about it for example, both on the tiles on the top and the stones that make it, maybe even have some overgrowing plants going between the cracks of the stone, making it look more aged. For all of those designs I measured them into three sections, the bottom for the well, the middle for the supports and the top for the cover.
I liked all designs that I had created but for the general shape, I loved the middle one, I thought that number 3 was way too clean and almost Gnome like to be aged and hand made, for number 2 I thought the cover would be too difficult to model so I adopted the damaged look for number one to get this final design.
I then had taken the measurements to a whole other level when doing my final concept, I did this because I plan on using this image for reference when modelling the low and high poly versions and I want the model to be completely to scale. Next lesson I will begin the modelling of the low poly version of the model.